8.09.2005

There must be something in the air

In the past few days, it seems that my circle of comrades has been hit with wedding fever. An old friend from high school wrote me an e-mail to announce that she and her beau are shopping for a ring. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it is more fun to let the ring be a surprise. Then I found out that a fellow I have know for something like four years got married last autumn and is "absolutely loving it." And then I received a note from a pseudocoworker that stated he wouldn't be around much in the next few weeks because he will be embarking upon matrimonial bliss!

The others, who have all been mentioned before, are knee deep in wedding plans and picking out colors, venues, and cake toppers. Meanwhile, I'm getting snubbed by my paternal grandmother because I'm simply taking too long to tie the knot. Thanks, grandma!

So did I not receive the memo? More importantly, did The Beard not receive the memo?

6 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Eh... Not so much said...

Geez, nice one, Grandma. How is it your fault that he doesn't want to get married, and you're not being a harpy about it? And when you do get married, it won't end there... when are you going to have a kid... when are you going to have the next kid. :p on Grandma.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Blog said...

I am just returning the favor because you posted to mine. Thanks alot.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Never teh bride said...

Thanks, [eh... not so much]! At least she is voicing her displeasure by, uh, not voicing it. The last time she spoke to me was when she clipped out a Dear Abby column about the tax benefits of being hitched.

I mean, yes, I want to marry The Beard, but grams isn't helping!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

I'm a new reader, by way of the light-hearted and fashion-forward blog of the Manolo.

You'll be fine, you're right not to cave. Otherwise, you're dancing to your stepmamma's favorite tune at a wedding you're not paying for, and wondering if The Beard caved just to keep the peace. Hang in there.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a wedding planning site. It pretty much covers wedding planning related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely disagree. It's no fun to be "surprised" by a ring you will have to wear the rest of your life, chosen by a guy who knows nothing about jewelry. You can absolutely adore your wonderful husband and still hate the ring.

My sweet husband surprised me with a diamond after we'd been married a few years. He thought I "deserved" it, since all I had was a plain gold band (which I love and am perfectly happy with). He bought something in keeping with his frugal nature and our stressed budget and got me an unfortunate marquise that ripped a hole in everything I wore when it was on my finger. As much as I love him, at the first decent opportunity, I put it in a drawer. It hasn't seen daylight since.

Picking it out together is the only thing that makes sense. And who says that isn't fun? --L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home