7.25.2005

Weddings Never teh Bride can get behind


Who wouldn't enjoy a wedding in three acts? I think it would be great if the three acts were a nibbling and drinking session, the ceremony, and the reception. Love the marquee. Also, though there is no picture shown, love the popcorn stands that were set up and popping away before the show. It's cute and, furthermore, it's way more original than stupid ceramic bird table favors or biker outfits for the bride and groom at the reception. Seriously, I've seen that. I went to the wedding of a boyfriend's step-uncle in high school. During the reception, which I seem to remember was held in a dingy and rather frightening Elks Lodge, the newlywed couple changed out of their ceremonial duds. He wore jeans and a leather vest with no shirt. She wore a white spandex number that left little to the imagination. Both were sporting a plethora of tattoos. I still don't know what to think about it. Tastfully done biker wedding? Sure. Creepy backroom bar biker wedding with bulgy spandex? Puleeze.


Then there are those weddings that are held in the traditional church setting but feature an interesting venue for the reception. Case in point: Two longstanding friends of mine will be tying the knot in 2006 and may be holding their reception at the world's best diner. Yes, DINER. I said freakin' diner. Would I normally think that was cool? No. But you have to taste this place's food. There will almost, I think, be something retrocool about the whole thing since the diner in question has the most uniquely bizarre ambiance I've ever basked in while eating giant fried oysters.

Of course, the classic wedding will never go out of style, which makes me happy. The only thing I would like to change is the tradition of crappy catered food and shoddy cake.

And, in case you are interested in marrying a shoe, here is the proper proposal etiquette, courtesy of Saucony:














3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of wedding idea.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And down the rabbit hole of the ever confusing Internet. Blind surfing is how I find most of my favorite sites, including yours. Searching for purses one day, and I found out how to build a tent with thistle... at night! Weird. Thanks and goodnight.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous weddings said...

My wife is looking to upgrade her diamond ring on our 15th anniversaryweddingsI'm surprised that time has gone so fast. I'm interested in any help on finding a good ring without losing all value, besides sentimental value, in first ring.weddings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home